Google My Business
Welcome to the friendliest, fastest, most effective SEO tool on the planet.
Get ready to discover the highly unassuming and underleveraged free platform that is Google My Business.
An integral course for today's entrepreneurs, marketers, creatives and beyond, this Lab will teach you how to maximize the most timely opportunities and tactical tools within the Google My Business environment.
You'll gain a comprehensive understanding of GMB's key facets and features, and go beyond a foundational listing with location and operating hours into rich content that earns top placements on Google Search and Maps. Discover how to create consistent GMB posts, killer reviews, powerful third-party citations and more.
Prepare to leave this game-changing lab with the keys to your GMB profile firmly in hand and a roadmap to take it to the next level quickly and easily.
We'll guide you deep into the untapped features that drive meaningful actions and conversions right from your GMB listing, while identifying how it fits into your overall marketing mix. Strategize the precise elements of Google My Business that are worth doubling down on in order to achieve your business goals, create a profile that's complete, accurate and optimized, and watch your local search rankings skyrocket.
- What is a GMB Listing
- Why every business absolutely must have one, no matter their realm, size or offering
- How to determine if your business is already listed
- How to set up a GMB profile from scratch
- Navigating the dashboard and optimizing your settings for maximum exposure
- The 3 Biggest local search ranking factors according to Google
- How Relevancy, Location and Prominence fit into GMB's other optimization elements
- Live demo of these features in action, and how they factor into your near and far search ranking
- Key places to further flesh out your profile in order to give Google – and your user – what they want
- The secret to adding imagery that gets you seen
- Your built-in GMB website, and why it's worth publishing
- Creating your 10 powerful 'categories' for the win
- What is a citation, a NAP, and the 3 types you need to focus on building
- Impact of accurate and inaccurate citations on local SEO, and what you can do about it
- How to perform a citation audit, both manual and automated
- How to build and submit high-return citations and why they are absolutely worth prioritizing
- Why Google Reviews matter today more than ever, and what they represent
- How to generate positive, wide-reaching reviews consistently and authentically
- How to deal with fake or negative reviews as part of your content strategy
- Best practices for responding, engaging and leveraging the good as well as the bad
- Why a localized Google Ads campaign is the key to early-stage page ranking
- How to launch your search engine marketing efforts right from the GMB dashboard
- How to make your paid search strategy as effective and affordable as possible with daily caps and a long-term plan
- When to evolve past Smart Campaigns into Search and Display ads
of the unparalleled learning material, case studies and feature demos found inside Google My Business.
Six guided videos, over 100 learning slides, dozens of action items, and lifetime access to the course and all updates.
Yours to download from within your course dashboard:
A highly actionable series of questions, prompts, planning tools and content starters to support you in the immediate implementation of your learns, and the utmost success going forward.
Kelly Doody, Social School Founder
"Among the most exciting tools at our fingertips is the platform known as Google My Business.
Join me as we dive deep into its endless features and opportunities, from categories, posts and reviews to citations, ads and insights. Leave with immediately implementable skills and a solid plan to leverage this imperative tool in your business – today, and in the years to come."
Are you ready?
Your seat in the Google My Business Lab awaits.
A's to your Q's
How much time do I have to access the course and all learning materials?
What's the average length of time it takes to complete the course?
What level of social or digital marketing expertise is this built for?
Where do I go to access the course videos and downloads?
How do I know what course to start with and what order to take them in?
What kind of support will I have as I progress through the learning materials?
We build the modern marketing courses we wish we'd had.
Insights, training and tools to get you seen, grow your business and scale your revenue, no matter your experience or expertise.
Google My Business is course #104 in the 360 Series
These highly actionable 60 to 90-minute labs bring you exactly what you need to know about today's most powerful digital platforms and tactics – right now.
Build your arsenal of digital skills and platform strategies, one by one and win by win, for just $59 a piece.
SEE THEM ALL